Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Use Excel for Forensic Accounting


24th September, 2019

This could very well be a historic day for FAFP Qualified people all over India, for there are indeed some very critical forensic analysis that can be done from within Microsoft Excel 2016. 

We all know that there are various formulae available within the workbook that can be used for Forensic analysis of data. We have also learnt the art of using pivot tables for analysing data available to us in the worksheet.

However, I am propounding the use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for taking this one step up and adding to the power of data analysis. One of my dear friends had suggested this while he and I were undergoing the course, and immediately thereafter too, but it is three years later, that I came up with a unique solution for a problem faced by a totally unrelated stray case of extraction of an inane thing like a cell number embedded inside a string of varied and totally random-length in nature, that a brainwave struck me.

I will share more of this in my next post, so keep reading my blog!!

CA VIKRAM S MATHUR
25-Sep-2019 | 02:45 Hours IST 

No comments:

Post a Comment